- If for any reason, you must discontinue classes with Heather’s Dance, Inc. please notify Heather by email or calling the studio to speak with Heather.
- Payment is expected through the end of the 30 day notice.
- If your child/children’s costume has been ordered you will be expected to pay the remaining balance. Costume Companies Policies do not allow us to return costumes.
- Tuition is due the first week of the month. Depending on the day your dancer attends class the first week of the month will be the due date for your tuition.
- A $10 Late Fee will be added to tuition after the 7th of the month.
- Payments can made be by Check, Cash, Visa, Master Card, and Automatic Draft. You must fill out paperwork for Automatic Draft when registering.
- There is a $30 return check fee.
- The way the calendar falls this year we end up with an extra week in June. We don’t want to charge our dance families for an extra week at the end of the season. It will balance out when the studio closed due to any holidays.
- Tuition is based on 9 months; August-May. It is not based on four weeks per month, but rather on an annual cost and divided by 9 months. If there are months that have five weeks, you will not be charged for those extra classes. Instead it will cover any classes missed due to holidays. Joining Heather’s Dance, Inc. means committing to our dance year, running from August-May. All students are guaranteed 36 lessons per year.
- Costume fees are included in your monthly tuition.
- Once Costumes have been ordered we are not allowed to return them due to Costume Companies policies. Costumes are ordered in December to be here for the recital.
- Account must be in paid to date (Aug.-Dec.) before your child’s costume will be ordered.
- If your child starts classes later in the year you will be required to pay the costume fees up to date. You have the option to get caught up on costume fees throughout the remaining of the year.
How we communicate
- Please be sure to provide a current email address that is checked frequently, as this is our studio’s primary mode of communicating important information and announcements throughout the year. If you are not receiving emails, please contact the front office.
- Weekly emails will be sent out for reminders and important information. It our goal to help all parents stay informed about things happening at the studio.
- “LIKE” us on Facebook: Heather’s Dance, Inc. We use this for updates and announcements.
- “FOLLOW” us on Instagram: heathersdanceinc.
- We will always be open on Wake County Public School’s TEACHER WORKDAYS.
- Some months throughout the year have five weeks. We don’t charge you for the extra week. It balances out when the studio is closed for any holidays.
- We will be closed on some holidays. As a courtesy to our parents, we provide a list of important dates for studio closure and special events. Please post this Calendar of Events somewhere visible in your home as a reference.
- Please follow monthly newsletters and emails about when we are open and closed for any changes to the schedule.
- When we have inclement weather, Heather’s Dance, Inc. will make a decision based on what is best for the staff and students.
- Please check your Email and Facebook when there is inclement weather.
- In the event of a class cancellation, information about a make-up schedule will be emailed to everyone the next week.
- Make up classes will be given to students by participation in another class. There are no refunds for missed classes.
- It is very difficult to give your child the proper education they deserve when they have missed majority of their classes, especially beginning in January when begin working for our recital.
- Excessive absences affects the dancers progress as well as the progression and moral of the entire class.
- Full tuition is due each month regardless of your child’s attendance.
- If students are too ill to participate in class, they should remain at home and rest.
- If they are injured, they should come to class and observe. Many students find that they learn more from observing class!
- Full tuition must be paid regardless of your child’s attendance.
Classroom & Studio Etiquette
- Students are expected to respect their instructors by listening and following directions given by their instructors.
- Students should respect fellow classmates and their belongings.
- No gum, candy, or food (except water bottles) is allowed during dance class.
- The use of cell phones is prohibited during class.
- Profanity and offensive language is prohibited.
- Students are expected to come to class on time and be prepared for class.
- If students are more than 10 minutes late for class, they may be asked to sit and observe.
- It is the responsibility of the student to keep up with their personal belongings.
- Parents we ask that you keep any conversations to a minimum and at a very low voice level so that noise will not disturb the classes in session or office staff.
- Please keep any small siblings that are waiting area quiet.
- No running is allowed in the lobby and hallway.
- Please do not allow siblings to play in the hallway, as this is disruptive to the classes in session.
- Correct attire and proper grooming are as much a part of dance educations as learning the steps and technique themselves. The dress code will be in enforced.
- All hair must be pulled neatly back away from the face and off of the neck.
Dress Code Requirements For Each Class
- COMBINATION CLASSES: Leotard and tights. Dancers are allowed to wear skirts.
- TUMBLE/ACRO: Leotard or bikeatard are required. Dancers are allowed to wear biker shorts, leggings, or FOOTLESS tights.
- K/1 BALLET-5TH GRADE BALLET CLASSES: Leotard and tights. Dancers are allowed to wear skirts and biker shorts.
- K/1 JAZZ-5TH GRADE JAZZ CLASSES: Leotard and tights. Dancers are allowed to wear biker shorts, or leggings.
- K/1 TAP: Leotard and tights. Dancers are allowed to wear biker shorts, or leggings.
- 2/3rd GRADE TAP & 4/5th GRADE TAP: Leotard/tights or comfortable clothing. (No jeans)
- 4th-12TH GRADE HIP-HOP CLASSES: Sweatpants or other loose-fitting athletic pants and a tank top or t-shirt are the usual attire for hip-hop class. We encourage students to wear something easy to move in, and casual. No jeans allowed.
- JAZZ 1/2, JAZZ 3/4, JAZZ 5/6 CLASSES: Leotards are required. Dancers are allowed to wear tights, jazz pants, biker shorts.
- BALLET 1/2, BALLET 2/3, BALLET 5/6: Dancers for these classes are required to wear a specific color leotard for each level, Pink Footed Tights, Hair in bun. Specific colored leotards are required to be purchased at the studio to be uniformed.
- LYRICAL 1/2, LYRICAL 2/3, LYRICAL 5/6: Leotards are required. Dancers are allowed to wear footless tights, leggings, biker shorts, and sweatpants over leotards.
- Students will need to bring a dance bag each week to class allow them to keep up with their shoes easier.
- Students must write their names in their shoes. This helps us return them to a dancer if they are left at the studio, or get mixed up in another dancers bag.
- Proper dance shoes are required and must be purchased the studio to ensure uniformity. There are different styles and different shades of color in dance shoes. We require dancers to purchase from the studio to allowing the students to be in uniformity.
Dance Shoe Styles & Requirements
- 3/4 YEAR OLD COMBINATION CLASSES: Capezio “Daisy” Pink Ballet Shoes & Capezio Black Tap Shoes.
- 4/5 YEAR OLD COMBINATION CLASSES: Capezio “Daisy” Pink Ballet Shoes & Capezio Black Tap Shoes.
- K/1 TAP CLASSES: Capezio Black Tap Shoes
- 2ND-12TH GRADE TAP CLASSES: Lace Up Black Rhythmic Tap Shoes
- K/1 – 12TH GRADE JAZZ CLASSES: Capezio Black Slide On Jazz Shoes
- K/1-3rd GRADE BALLET CLASSES: Capezio “Daisy” Pink Ballet Shoes
- 4th GRADE-12TH GRADE BALLET CLASSES: Body Wrappers Pink Split Sole Shoes
- LYRICAL CLASSES: Barefooted or it is optional to wear Capezio Foot Undies
- TUMBLE/ACRO: Barefooted. No shoes allowed on the mats.
- 4-12th GRADE: Specific style of Hip-Hop sneaker