- If you wish to discontinue classes, please notify the studio by email or calling the studio.
- There must be a 30-Day Notice. Payment is expected through the end of the 30-day notice.
- If your child/children’s costume has been ordered you will be expected to pay the remaining balance. Costume companies do not allow returns on costumes.
- Tuition is due the first week of the month, whenever your child’s first class is that week.
- A $10 late fee will be added to tuition after the first week of the month.
- Payment Options: Cash, Check, Visa, MasterCard, Automatic Draft, and Online Payments.
- There is a $30 return check fee
- Tuition is based on 9 months; (August-May.) It is not based on four weeks per month, but rather on an annual cost and divided by 9 months. If there are months that have five weeks, you will not be charged for those extra classes. Instead it will cover any classes missed due to holidays. Joining Heather’s Dance, Inc. means committing to our dance year, running from August-May. Full tuition must be paid regardless of your child’s attendance. All students are guaranteed 36 lessons per year.
- Costume fees are included in your monthly tuition.
- Costumes are ordered in December to ensure we have them in time for recital.
- If a dancer withdrawals from a class after December, they are responsible for paying the remaining balance of the costume. Once costumes have been ordered we are not allowed to return them per Costume Company policy.
- Account must be in paid to date (Aug.-Dec.) before your child’s costume will be ordered.
- In order to pick up your child’s costume, there must be no remaining balance on your account.
- We will always be open on Wake County School’s TEACHER WORKDAYS
- We will be closed on SOME holidays. Please follow the provided calendar of closure dates and special events that will be held throughout the year.
- When we have inclement weather, Heather’s Dance, Inc. will make a decision based on what is best for the staff and students.
- Please check your email and Facebook when there is inclement weather.
- In the event of class cancellation due to weather, information about a make-up schedule will be emailed to everyone the next week.
- Attendance is imperative for consistent progress.
- Make up classes will be given to students by participation in another class. There are no refunds for missed classes.
- Full tuition is due each month regardless of your child’s attendance.
- If students are too ill to participate in class, they should remain at home and rest.
- If they are injured, they should come to class and observe. Many students find that they learn more from observing class!
Classroom & Studio Etiquette
- Students are expected to respect their instructors by listening and following directions.
- Students should respect fellow classmates and their belongings.
- NO gum, candy, or food (except water bottles) is allowed during dance class.
- The use of cell phones is prohibited during class.
- Profanity and offensive language is prohibited.
- Students are expected to come to class on time and be prepared for class.
- If students are more than 10 minutes late for class, they may be asked to sit and observe.
- It is the responsibility of the student to keep up with their personal belongings.
- No classes or teachers are to be disturbed unless it is an emergency. Parents are not to approach teachers or students during class.
- For the protection of all students, running is prohibited in the studio.
- Children should be supervised at all times.
- We kindly ask for no rough-playing or loud voices inside the building.
Required Dance Attire & Shoes
- We require dancers to purchase their dance shoes at Heather’s Dance to ensure uniformity.
- Students will need to bring a dance bag (with their name on it) each week to class to allow them to keep up with their dance shoes.
- Please write your student’s name in all of their dance shoes.
- Dance clothing will be available for sale beginning in July. We have lots of great options at great affordable prices. We will even price match other places!